You know it. As stated on the church of Satan website:
The Church of Satan was created by our late High Priest, Magus Anton Szandor LaVey on Walpurgisnacht 1966 c.e. (common era). He declared 1966 as Year One, Anno Satanas. Since that date, the Church of Satan and Anton LaVey have become household name, at times through misinformed or outright libelous claims, but often through respect and admiration from those who have come to admire his rational philosophy.
Our members champion personal development and rejection of herd conformity, and thus each Satanist finds his own unique path to self-deification.
Despite our long, successful, and well documented history, there are often questions and confusion spurred by misinformation. Let these pages educate you on the facts.
Just like these Nine Satanic Statements:
(by Anton Szandor LaVey)
The Nine Satanic Statements originally appeared in The Satanic Bible, 1969.
- Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
- Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
- Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
- Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
- Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
- Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
- Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
- Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
Head on over to the church of Satan here, and burn your eyes out.